Deep Black LB™
- Deep Black LB™ is part of a family of additives consisting of stabilized dispersionof graphite in an environ- mentally friendly oily medium (low BTEX).
- Deep Black LB™ provides all functions of graphite lubricants.
- Deep Black LB™ is a stabilized oily suspension of 40% modified graphite.
- Deep Black LB™ is easily dispersed and may be added via a hopper directly into the active system or through pre-mixing.
- Concentration should vary dependent on mud types, density, well path design (anticipated torque and drag) and anticipated formation.
- Torque reduction does not become significant until a concentration of solid graphite 3.0 kg/m3 is exceeded. The optimum solid graphite concentration is in the range of 6.0 - 7.0 kg/m3.
- Concentrations from 15 l/m3 to 20 l/m3 (4-5 gal/m3) are recommended.
BENEFITS AND USE
- Deep Black LB™ uses the new technology concept which means to treat solid particles with a teflonized derivative.
- Deep Black LB™ with a slippery surface tension free ability to coat the well bore and drill bit and therefore reduces torque and drag which in turn increases ROP.
- Deep Black LB™ is non-toxic, non-combustible and contains no heavy metals or environmentally hazardous chemicals.
- Deep Black LB™ provides for high drilling efficiency and minimization of well costs in vertical, inclined and horizontal wellbores, completion and work-over operations, as well as coiled tubing.
- Deep Black LB™ does not generate damage formation.
- Optimizes lubrication, especially at higher temperatures
- Inhibits hydration of the clay fraction in shale
- Reduces wellbore damage, especially vibration induced formation damage resulting from the stick-slip phenomenon
- Stabilizes rheological properties, leading to greater borehole efficiency
- Stabilizes HTHP filtrate values
- Slicks the entire open-hole, casing and drill-string; reducing frictional forces
- Reduction of torque and drag values
- Reduction or elimination of bit and BHA balling
- Significant reductions in tubular and drilling equipment wear.
- Improved tripping, logging and casing run times
- Provides additional viscosity to WBM
- 55 Gallon Drum
- 275 Gallon Tote
The information contained on this page is correct to the best of our knowledge, but is intended only as a source of information. The recommendations or suggestions herein are made without guarantee or representation as to results, and we suggest that you evaluate the recommendation contained on this page in your own laboratory prior to use. Our responsibility for claims arising from breach of warranty, negligence or otherwise is limited to the purchase price of the material.